Market wraps 11th February 2021
Morning Bell - Jessica Amir
The ASX200 is eyeing a fall of 0.5% at the open.
The Head of the Reserve Bank in the US assured Americans that interest rates will stay low until employment rates return to normal levels.
Companies reporting results:
- Telstra (ASX:TLS) reported net profit after tax (NPAT) of $1.1 billion, which exceeded the expectation of $849 million.
- AMP (ASX:AMP) reported full year statutory NPAT of $177 million, reversing the $2.5 billion loss in FY19.
Yesterday’s most traded stocks:
- Large caps: Fortescue Metals (ASX:FMG), InvoCare (ASX:IVC) and Suncorp (ASX:SUN).
- Small caps: BlackEarth Minerals (ASX:BEM).
Local trading ideas:
- Praemium (ASX:PPS) was reiterated as a buy by Bell Potter with new $1.01 target.
- Australian Strategic Materials (ASX:ASM), Resimac Group (ASX:RMC) and Charter Hall Group (ASX:CHC) are giving off bullish charting signals according to Trading Central.