Market wraps 30th October 2020
Weekly Wrap 30 October
The Aussie share market copped a 3.4% pullback (Mon-Thu) - its biggest weekly fall in six months. With the U.S. election around the corner, and new European COVID-19 lock downs in force, Australian investors have been flicking the risk-off button amid the uncertainty.
In this week’s wrap, Jessica covers:
- (0:22) Investors abandoning cyclicals for defensive sectors
- (1:10) Coca-Cola Amatil (ASX:CCL) fizzing up 16%
- (1:53) Light at the end of the tunnel: the end of Australia's recession
- (2:18) Whether interest rates will be cut next week
- (3:29) Why the Aussie share market could rally after the U.S. election
- (4:37) Potential merger and acquisition stocks to watch, with BUY ratings: Nufarm (ASX:NUF), Southern Cross Media (ASX:SXL) & Computershare (ASX:CPU)
Get the latest market news analysis with Bell Direct's Market Wraps.
Watch our interview series to get exclusive insights and trading ideas. Open a Bell Direct account today.
Trade smarter with our market insights, stock tips and real broker research.
Learn how to trade on our award winning platform and use our trading tools with these smart tutorials.