Market wraps 22nd January 2021
Morning Bell - Jessica Amir
The ASX200 is eyeing a fall of 0.3% at the open. A day under US President Biden’s leadership and he’s kicked the focus to renewable energy, by re-joining the Paris Climate agreement and re-engaging with the World Health Organisation.
What to watch today:
- Energy stocks could see another pull back today after the oil price fell 0.5% with Biden planning to roll back oil and gas infrastructure projects.
- The Federal and South Australian Government announced SA will receive a $45 million handout to expand its recycling infrastructure.
- Keep an eye on travel stocks like Flight Centre (ASX:FLT) and Webjet (ASX:WEB) as Emirates will resume flights on Monday to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
- Preliminary retail sales data is out today and is expected to show sales cooled in December after November sales grew 7.1%, which was the biggest jump in sales in six months.
Local trading ideas:
- Cluey (ASX:CLU) was given a speculative buy rating by Bell Potter.
- Coronado Global Resources (ASX:CRN) was upgraded by Bell Potter with a new $1.55 target.
- BetMakers Technology (ASX:BET), Bellevue Gold (ASX:BGL) & Trek Metals (ASX:TKM) are giving off bullish charting signals according to Trading Central.
Get the latest market news analysis with Bell Direct's Market Wraps.
Watch our interview series to get exclusive insights and trading ideas. Open a Bell Direct account today.
Trade smarter with our market insights, stock tips and real broker research.
Learn how to trade on our award winning platform and use our trading tools with these smart tutorials.